Hurricane Fabric in the news.
- ABC News: Hurricane season is officially under way
Hurricane season is officially under way and the time to prepare for it is now. Hurricane expos are going on all over the Tampa Bay area this weekend.
- Miami Herald: South Florida companies protect your assets from storms
Another South Florida company, Hurricane Fabric in Delray Beach, makes AstroGuard, a high-strength ballistic nylon with a resin coating that can be used to cover windows and doors on homes and businesses.
- KHOU: Preparing for the worst: A cost-effective way to guard windows against hurricanes
HOUSTON — If necessity is the mother of invention, consider the damage left in the wake of Hurricane Ike — damage that couldn’t have been prevented with all the plywood in the world — but suppose for a moment there was an easier way to prepare for the storm. Read more…
- Fox: Baldwin County hosts hurricane expo
BALDWIN COUNTY, Ala. (WALA) – The last time a strong hurricane made a direct hit on the Alabama coast was Hurricane Ivan, nearly a decade ago. Gulf Shores officials don’t want residents to become complacent and put on a hurricane preparedness expo from 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. Thursday. Read more…
- Tampa Tribune: Fair-weather shopper largely ignore storm safety display
ST. PETERSBURG – Many shoppers at the Home Depot on 22nd Avenue North on Saturday blithely passed by tables set up out front with flashlights, first-aid kits, generators and other emergency supplies recommended for hurricane season. The sun was bright and there was a pleasant breeze. People filled their carts with soil, mulch and plants. ...